My Blog List

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sad day...

A bit sad today...my dad called and told me his brother (my uncle) passed away.  Uncle Al was 88, and we had just celebrated his birthday in August.  I am glad I was able to go see him then.  He has been sick for quite awhile with just one thing after another, and I think his body just gave up.  I feel bad for my dad though...he is the only one left from his 'immediate' family.  The thing I remember most about Uncle Al though, is he really "lived life"!  LOL...when he was in his 60's he got a scooter to tool around on! 

I actually pulled fabric and threads out to stitch something and am determine to put a few stitches in today!!  It is Spooky by Homespun Elegance.  Just a small cute Halloween ornament!

Hope everyone has a good day!

3 comments:

Carol said...

So sorry to hear about your uncle, Lori--sounds like he lived a great life, though...

Hope you enjoy your Spooky stitching :)

LoriU said...

Thank you Carol!

Littlebit said...

I am so sorry to hear about your uncle, Lori..wow..88!
I would also like to thank you for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment.