My Blog List

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Still raining!

We had a few nice days that actually got HOT in the low 80's.  Then it rained again.  DS and I ran out to get a sandwich Thursday evening and there was a lot of lightning, so I told him let's get our sandwich and just head home to eat it.  Well while I was in the sub shop the skies opened up and it downpoured.  When I ran to the car (about 10 feet) the water was ankle deep! My shoes are totally soaked and I have been trying to dry them out on the "air" cycle in the dryer.  Anyway, I could not see ANYTHING driving home.  Never been so scared!  Didn't want to try and pull off because the water on the sides of the road was so deep I was afraid I'd get stuck in it.  So we kept going.  All this in a 30 minute window!  I think the weather said we got 2" of rain in that time.  Crazy!

Our neighborhood has the annual "Neighborhood Garage Sale" this weekend.  OMG people who garage sale just seem to be rude and park anywhere they feel like.  They just walk out into the road and cross the street (and we have sidewalks here!).  It's been crazy. 

No stitching going on this week.  Had a pain in my right index finger by the first joint so I was resting it. I think I pinch-hold the needle too tight!

1 comment:

WendyJo said...

We have had our fair share of rain as well here and more to come!

Rex and I are thinking of having a yard sale yet this summer....we will see......you are right...people sure can be inconsiderate...that is the part I think I dislike the most about the yard sales.